Sunday, May 26, 2013

Visiting with Cynthia Sax

Today my guest is Cynthia Sax. She's dropped by to chat about her upcoming release "He Watches Me" - so let's chat...

How long have you been writing?

I’ve always written. I started writing daily in my SUPER SECRET diary. Often I wrote romance twists on the fairy tales I loved. When I was a teenager, I wrote for a daily and weekly newspaper, covering town council meetings, giant pot holes, and other exciting news. I didn’t know I wasn’t supposed to report on the Mayor’s tie choices, the real reason why the newly-wed Treasurer was late for the meeting, and what one police officer thought should be used to fill the giant pot hole. I developed such a cult following, making our tiny town famous, that the editor of the daily newspaper offered me a full-time job upon graduation. I declined that flattering offer, moved to writing daily blogs and eventually I returned to my first love – writing romances.

How long have you been a published author?

My first release, Dragon Lord’s Mate, was published in December 2009.

What titles do you have available?

I’m fortunate to have over 50 short stories and novellas released. I’m extremely excited about my three July releases from Avon Impulse. He Watches Me, He Touches Me, and He Claims Me form The Seen Trilogy. This serial explores the unconventional romance between an enigmatic billionaire and a not-so-innocent virgin.

What made you choose the subject of this book?

One hot summer night, I was gazing at a neighbor’s pool with envy and thinking “It would be so easy to jump the fence tonight, after everyone has gone to bed, and swim.” This is exactly what Anna, the heroine of He Watches Me, does. She hops her neighbor’s fence, strips naked in his backyard, and skinny dips (and does more) in his pool. What she doesn’t know is her billionaire neighbor, Blaine, has been watching her nightly nude swims.

Do you have any new titles coming soon?

After The Seen Trilogy releases, I have the two remaining stories in my sexy SciFi Warlord Series (the first two stories being Warlord’s Bounty and Warlord Unarmed) coming out. I really love this series. I cried when I wrote the final story. I didn’t want to see the series end.

What is your favourite genre and why?

I love erotic romance and I can’t imagine ever moving out of this genre. I grew up on a farm and we talked about the bulls and the cows at the breakfast table. I think sex is a key part of a healthy adult romantic relationship and as my farming granddad used to say “Ya gotta call a spade a spade.”

As for sub-genres, I like to write in all of them. I’m trying to stick to the three sub-genres – contemporary, SciFi, and paranormal erotic romances. Many of my reading buddies only read in one of the sub-genres and I want to ensure I can make them happy.

What, to you, is the most exciting part of the writing process?

I write for the exact same reason I read - to find out what happens next. I’m a pantser (a writer who writes by the seat of her pants, a writer with no set plot) and my stories come to life on the page as I’m writing.

I write because I love to write. I submit my stories to be published because I think a reading buddy might want to read what I’ve written and because earning a living from writing allows me to spend more time writing.

If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would you choose and why?

I shared a series with the always fabulous Ashlynn Monroe and she deserves an award for not killing me. I’m a control-freak pantser. I don’t know what is going to happen next but, by golly, that mysterious something had better tie tightly into the story or else! Yeah, this is how writers get the reputation for being insane.

Where can readers find you on the web?


Thanks so much for being my guest.

Thank YOU!

He Watches Me

She desires to be seen. He wants to watch.

Anna Sampson has a naughty secret. Every night, she slips into her neighbor’s yard and swims naked in his pool. She fantasizes that the dynamic young billionaire watches her nightly nude aquatics, his brilliant green eyes gleaming with lust.

She discovers this isn’t pure fantasy. Gabriel Blaine has been watching her via his security cameras, and now that he has returned to L.A., he doesn’t plan to stop. That’s all he wants—to watch. Anna knows she shouldn’t allow him and she certainly shouldn’t want more, but she craves Blaine’s attention, needing his gaze fixed on her body.

Part One of The Seen Trilogy




1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.